Successful applicants will receive a Yukon Provincial Nominee Certificate, which will speed-up the Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa application process. Under the Yukon Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may qualify under one of two streams:
There are two categories under the Business Program
- Make an investment of at least $150,000 CDN equity into starting or buying a business;
- Visited the province at least once prior to application;
- Basic communication skills in either English or French;
- Have necessary experience and education to successfully implement the business plan.
Professional Self – Employed
- Satisfy a certification or accreditation requirement for the profession or occupation;
- Have a profession or occupation that has been listed as a professional skill shortage;
- Submit a detailed business plan;
- Has sufficient financial resources to start and operate the professional practices;
- Visit the province; and
- Have communication skills in English or French.
SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM
There are two categories under the Skilled Worker Program:
- Permanent full-time job offer from a YT employer in an occupation falling in NOC A, B, or 0;
- A license or accepted by the Territorial body governing the trade;
- Ability to conduct basic communication in the official languages; and
- Cannot be a refugee claimant.
Critical Impact Worker
- Permanent full-time job offer in an occupation falling in levels C or D in the NOC list;
- A work permit and have worked in the position for 6 months;
- Sufficient financial supports or settlement supports;
- Required work experience for the occupation;
- Ability to conduct basic communication in English or French; and
- Not be a refugee claimant.